Important Facts About Our Services
The legal departments of those employers considering Medicine At Work benefit from learning the following:
- Medicine At Work fully indemnifies and covers the client from medical malpractice claims as part of our contract.
- Medicine At Work can have each patient sign a waiver and disclaimer stating the client has had neither role in nor responsibility for the medical services provided.
- If desired, Medicine At Work’s contract can include provisions to officially lease the clinic space from the client, further isolating it from the client for medico-legal reasons, for a nominal rent fee.
- Medical records are private between Medicine At Work and each patient, and none are stored in the clinic.
- Medicine At Work makes sure no sharps or medical waste are managed by client housekeeping staff.
The IT departments of those considering Medicine At Work benefit from learning the following:
- Medicine At Work installs fully independent Internet connectivity and does not operate over any part of the client’s IT infrastructure.
- All systems used by Medicine At Work use encrypted video and data systems on this independent Internet connection and we warrant that all are HIPAA compliant.
- Medicine At Work installs, uses, and supports all its own computers, printers, scanners, and telemedicine equipment and there is no support required from the client.
- There are no servers or local storage of medical records or other confidential information in the clinic.
- All equipment installed and configured is UL and CSA certified, and all medical equipment is FDA approved.
The facility management departments of those considering Medicine At Work benefit from learning the following:
- The clinic does not require any special build out. There is no need for any special power, waste water, or bathroom facilities.
- The clinic does not require any ADA accommodations other than those required for any other workplace.
- There are no special needs for the clinic other than building power, adequate ventilation, and a door lockable from the inside during patient examinations.
- Some assistance may be needed to guide installation of Medicine At Work’s private Internet connectivity to the clinic room.
- Most clients provide an in-house telephone with voicemail for the clinic so employees have easy access.
- Any 12 ft. by 12 ft. or similar space is adequate for the clinic.